1. This is a six week online wine learning course encompassing grapes, styles, countries, wine production, wine marketing, branding, labels and how to read them. And finally learning the skill of wine tasting and what foods to pair with them.
2. Each session will last 1.5hrs and then a Q & A at the end. The aim is to keep the classes small so as to create a comfortable and relaxed, yet informative setting. If you wish to bring along i.e. a friend, sibling, partner, husband, wife etc, I really don't mind. you can share the pleasure of learning and tasting great wines together.
3. I am keeping the classes small so people can feel comfortable and ask any questions they want. You can enjoy the experience of learning about wine without any snobbery attached, in a fun, factual and interactive environment from the comfort of your own home.
4. Each week a classic style of wine will be tasted. i.e. a German Riesling, a French Chardonnay, a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, a Bordeaux Rouge, a Ribera Del Duero, a Valpolicella etc. The wines are to be confirmed on Monday and they are subject to change in terms of styles. But I will always choose classic styles to taste. I am working with O'Briens, so suffice to say these wines will be of exceptional quality.
As this is a virtual course full bottles will be sent to you at the beginning of the course. Each week a recipe is supplied to match the wine so you can enjoy these wines with your dinner that evening, or at the weekend as they will certainly keep till then.
5. The cost of the six week course will be €300. This includes 6 full bottles of wine delivered to your door (to be enjoyed after the class, in your own home), a welcome pack consisting of a Virtual Vineyard wine journal, tote bag and pencil. On completion of the course a fully comprehensive Ebook of the course will be sent to you, in line with our sustainable ethos in Virtual Vineyards. And of course our knowledge and willingness to see you guys ultimately enjoy this wine experience to the max.
25th October 7:30pm - 9pm.