1. This is a six week wine appreciation course with particular emphasis on food and wine pairing. The classes will encompass grapes, styles, countries, wine production, wine marketing, branding, labels and how to read them. And finally you will learn the skill of wine tasting and what foods to pair with them.
2. Each session will last for 1.5hrs and then a Q & A at the end. The aim is to keep the classes small so as to create a comfortable and relaxed, yet informative setting. The max in a class will be 15 pax.
3. Each week a classic style of wine will be tasted. i.e. a German Riesling, a French Chardonnay, a NZ Sauvignon Blanc, a Bordeaux Rouge, a Ribera Del Duero, a Valpolicella etc. The wines will vary from time to time, but ultimately will always be representative of classic regions. Virtual Vineyards is working in conjunction with O'Briens, so suffice to say these wines will be of exceptional quality.
4. The cost of the six week course will be €185. This includes 6 classes of 90 minutes, a welcome pack consisting of Virtual Vineyard tasting sheets, a personalised Virtual Vineyard wine journal, stationary and a tote bag. You will also receive a fully comprehensive ‘Ebook’ of the course work covered. There will be a new addition to the pack, consisting of a recipe from an Irish chef to match each of the wines you will be tasting each week.
5. It means so much to us here at Virtual Vineyards, that you enjoy the experience of learning about wine without any snobbery attached, in a fun, factual and interactive environment.
Next course begins Tuesday 26th of October 2021, in a confirmed venue Dublin city.